Yamato 2199 Chogokin... should I?

Place to discuss merchandise, including Audiovisual media, toys/models, and publications.
Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 pm

• I see that there is a new Soul of Chogokin die cast Yamato coming out soon. I already have the Popynica BPX01 as well as the newer Chogokin GX57. Do I really need THREE die cast Yamatos :?: Help me to decide!

JohnStanowski
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:30 pm

• Yes. Yes you do. I have the GX-57, and the GX-58 Andromeda, and I've preordered the GX-64 already. Get it while you can.
    Analyzer
    Analyzer

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 pm

• Analyzer wrote:Yes. Yes you do. I have the GX-57, and the GX-58 Andromeda, and I've preordered the GX-64 already. Get it while you can.

Well, I guess it would be okay to have THREE die cast Yamato's after all. It's not like they all need to be in the same room!

I'm really impressed by the fact that this new one is made from actual CG data from the show. Can't get any better than that!
    JohnStanowski

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 pm

• JohnStanowski wrote:
    Analyzer wrote:Yes. Yes you do. I have the GX-57, and the GX-58 Andromeda, and I've preordered the GX-64 already. Get it while you can.

Well, I guess it would be okay to have THREE die cast Yamato's after all. It's not like they all need to be in the same room!

I'm really impressed by the fact that this new one is made from actual CG data from the show. Can't get any better than that!

Makes sense. Why not make use of the CG model dimensions if you want to create an exact replica?
    Analyzer
    Analyzer

• Shouldn't the question be: "why should I *not* buy it?" :lol:
    Anderson387

• If you have the money, buy it. That's a no brainer!!!
    Chris
    Crewperson 2nd Class

• There are a number of places that you can pre-order from that allow cancellations (like Amazon.com if in the US). So it's a no-brainer. Order now, since you might regret it!
    parttimewarrior
    Cadet

• YES! For those who didn't hear the news, Bluefin Tamashii Nations USA will be distributing this amazing toy in North America with "Star Blazers 2199" packaging. It's an alternative for those who are interested.
    August Ragone
    Crewperson 1st Class

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:05 pm

• Oooookay, I guess I'll get it. Like I said, no reason why I can't have a diecast Yamato for every room!
    JohnStanowski

Next

Return to Quartermaster's

Information