Model Sheet Design Collection Book

Place to discuss merchandise, including Audiovisual media, toys/models, and publications.

• Steve H wrote:
    August Ragone wrote:
    Steve H wrote:'m actually expecting the 'Newtype 100%' book experience, lots of glossy stock, plenty of pics, some original art.

I hope so, Steve!

Well, all things being equal, we'll know by the end of the week! :)

Yes, I'm hoping for the best book possible for the format (and that it is not the last)! :)
    August Ragone
    Crewperson 1st Class

• August Ragone wrote:Yes, I'm hoping for the best book possible for the format (and that it is not the last)! :)

You know, it's crazy. My heart is actually racing, waiting for the ship notice, waiting for the tracking number so I can watch FedEx move it from Tokyo to Alaska to Michigan.

Sink me, this whole 'being a fan in real-time' is so wearying! :)
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

• I just ordered the Plan Book from CD Japan. They originally wanted $50 to ship it! I had to redeem all my points and change the shipping method to get it down to $40.
    JohnStanowski
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

• JohnStanowski wrote:I just ordered the Plan Book from CD Japan. They originally wanted $50 to ship it! I had to redeem all my points and change the shipping method to get it down to $40.

Yes, something is wrong with how they calculate shipping with books. They are excellent on CDs and DVDs (well, box sets are always crazy but the Yamato 2199 BDs aren't crazy priced shipping-wise).

I don't know how to address the situation with them. Contact tends to be one-way.

I had the same 'sticker shock' when I ordered the Gamilas Model sheets book. I also redeemed a boatload of points to knock the shipping fee down.

You probably don't want to order toys/models from them. I almost did and the shipping shock made me cancel faster than anything I've done in my life.

2540 Yen seems to be their starting point for FedEx shipping with books. That's high, no doubt about it. OTOH on average you get the book in about 24 hours from when it's shipped. That's pretty awesome, frankly.
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

• I was looking at getting it from HLJ to use as reference for my 3d model since shipping was 1580¥ for exp courier via fedex. That is until my pc started acting up and the cash vaporized.
    Thing has been back-ordered forever and suspect they are waiting for the second pressing for stock.
    Madkoifish
    Cadet

• An update for those looking for Yamato Plan and the Gamilas model sheet books

Hobbylink Japan suddenly and mysteriously now has them available, with the Gamilas book showing as a November release.

Gamilas model sheet book http://www.hlj.com/product/MAG00193/Boo

Yamato Plan http://www.hlj.com/product/KDK10597/Boo

Sadly the Dollar/Yen exchange rate has shifted again so they cost a bit more than Penny-per-Yen, but it hasn't reached crazy unbalanced yet, so get them soon!
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

• Got my Gamilas book today! And that episode book is on the way.
    JohnStanowski
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

• This isn't a question of "should i buy it?", it's a question of "Why wouldn't you buy it?". It's one of the most amazing books i've seen in quite a while. Not only is it a big book, with 264 pages, they are filled to the brim with delightfull art. You'll see stuff you never even noticed. And even some that never made it to the actual screen. Between this and Garmillas, Yamato 2199 fans will have an almost complete collection. Now, all we need is an illustration collection. :D
    macdawson

Previous

Return to Quartermaster's

Information