Future webcomic/fanfilm ideas

A place to post fan fiction and a think tank to discuss ideas.
Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 pm

• YAMATO2520 vol.4-7
    Great Yamato extended
    resurrection sequel
    shipbuilder
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:39 am

• It has been mentioned in Japan that the rest of Yamato 2520 could theoretically be made, and everyone intends to do the Resurrection sequel when the stars line up for it. Great Yamato, on the other hand, is done forever - and it's the property of Leiji Matsumoto, so it lives in its own bubble. (Besides, it's extended enough already - it's a 50-page story that takes over 400 pages to tell. Talk about padding!)

To be honest, I'm not all that keen to do another webcomic here after Bolar Wars Extended, since that blew up into such a massive project and is taking much longer than I expected. (It started in 2009, for gosh sakes.) I need to take a break and refresh myself with some original projects for a while before I can think about another Star Blazers/Yamato project.

On the other hand, there are still years of content ahead for the website in terms of articles, so Cosmo DNA will never be at a loss for new stuff.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 pm

• oh and I forgot about desslers war

also what I meant by extended was that great yamato was only 2 volumes long. I always thought it meant to 7-9 and include many familiar ships from across the leijiverse instead of just the Mahoroba (unless it was meant to be 2 volumes in the first place)
    shipbuilder
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 pm

• What about a sequel to your own Rebirth comic, Tim?
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:41 pm

• Also Tim, could you please elaborate on this "theory" you just mentioned concerning YAMATO2520
    shipbuilder
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:17 pm

• Sorry for the late responses on these…

When full rights were restored to Yoshinobu Nishizaki's office (now Voyager Entertainment) it meant that if he choose to continue Yamato 2520 there were no legal obstacles. However, there is still the very large money obstacle. That will probably never be conquered.

A sequel webcomic to Star Blazers Rebirth would be interesting, but if I do one it will be a long way off. So don't hold your breath.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Return to Fan Fiction

Information