53rd Hobby Show news

Place to discuss merchandise, including Audiovisual media, toys/models, and publications.
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:22 pm

• BANDAI has announced that they will be producing Domel s dreadnought in July 2014--1/1000 scale --29 inches --- so much for the to big for Japanese houses argument....

Xmas is coming in july --should be an awesome kit
    aphantom2518
    Cadet

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:35 am

• But for how much? I know we will be getting one for the conventions, but we will need to know how much we need to start setting aside.
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 pm

• Ithekro wrote:But for how much? I know we will be getting one for the conventions, but we will need to know how much we need to start setting aside.

Given size and mass, I think guesstimating it'll run at least $100 USD plus shipping is not unreasonable.

I'm curious just what 'mini kit' might be included, if any. Options to select from are pretty narrow by this point. :)
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:48 am

• Two versions of the Bridge saucer? One with the SMITE and one without?

A mini-version of one of the subspace gates?
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:49 am

• Ithekro wrote:Two versions of the Bridge saucer? One with the SMITE and one without?

A mini-version of one of the subspace gates?

Probably not the Warp Gate.

A larger 'mecha collection' version of the command bridge/saucer might be something they could consider. Make it in 1/500 scale so it can latch onto the 1/500 2199 Yamato, that's the kind of thing they seem to think of. :)

Yes I know there is already a Mecha Collection Domeru Saucer in the current '30+3' box set, but there are differences.

I can't recall off the top of my head, isn't there a 'Gamiloid strike team carrier' ship coming, I think paired with the uprated version of the Battleship? So that would be off the table.

The only other thing would be the parasite ships favored by the Jirel 'witches', but in 1/1000 scale they're not much more than a sliver of plastic, not much larger than the various fighters.

(kinda surprised this wasn't part of the UX-01 kit)

So, what's left for 'key' Gamilas mecha? Prison ships? Transports? A companion to the tank kit, an APC? Generally speaking they do try to 'theme' or 'relate' the bonus kit.

It's really remarkable, it seems Bandai is really going to complete the line, make EVERY ship seen in one consistent scale. That's amazing. Now they need to focus on 1/72 scale craft, we need a Cosmo Seagull kit. :)

(actually, what I would LIKE to see happen is for Bandai to 'go back to the well' and start a line of 'Classic' Yamato kits, also in 1/1000 scale. I doubt this could happen, it's not Gundam after all, but a man can dream.)
    Steve H
    Crewperson 1st Class

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:53 pm

• I'd like to see that little 'suckerfish' shuttlecraft too, if even as a mini-kit.

With the new film coming this year and this year being Yamato's 40th, there have to be some things in store for us model builders and collectors.

Bandai just announced the first three kits of the new mini-kit range for 2199. And, more 1/1000 ships are scheduled until at least the end of the summer.

It's certainly a great time to be a Yamato fan.
    ihphobby
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:03 pm

• It may take another year or so. but given the success of 2199. I would not rule out the possibility of them doing a Season 2 with the Comet Empire Saga. I can't wait to see a revamped Andromeda ;-P
    Wiz33
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:07 am

• Wiz33 wrote:It may take another year or so. but given the success of 2199. I would not rule out the possibility of them doing a Season 2 with the Comet Empire Saga. I can't wait to see a revamped Andromeda ;-P

Without going off topic for too long, I don't see the Andromeda's shape changing much, if at all. What is more likely to change is its size - If Yamato were to report back that the largest ships in the Garmillas fleet exceeded 700 metres and a WMG-equipped ship exceeded 600 metres, then I can see the Andromeda and possibly the Main Battleship being substantially larger than they were in the original continuity (maybe if Yamato was as long as the Tokyo Tower is high, maybe Andromeda will be as long as the Tokyo Skytree is high (634 metres to the top, 495 metres to the roof, or 451 metres to the top floor).
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

Previous

Return to Quartermaster's

Information