Yamato Girls (and Guys) by Megahouse

Place to discuss merchandise, including Audiovisual media, toys/models, and publications.
Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 pm

• I just received the PVC statue of Yamamoto Akira by Megahouse. This is my first ever PVC statue and Holy Crap, it's NICE!

I took this photo yesterday and touched it up a bit in Photoshop. The detail is astounding, but you have to have it in front of you to really see it. And the expression on the face is so totally in character with the character.

I'm not diggin' the sexy embellishments. I'd rather it just look like the character. But I'll let it go as I'm definitely gonna get them all. Especially now that we're getting Captain Avatar in the future with more to come.

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts on these things?
    JohnStanowski
    OurStarBlazers.com Site Admin

• I have the Mori Yuki figure, and Yamamoto Akira is (hopefully not lost) in the mail. Yuki's a beautiful figure, probably my favorite of them so far. Seeing pictures of the figure is actually what got me interested in the Yamato 2199 remake.

I'm really looking forward to the Melda Dietz figure coming out (probably sometime in mid-2014). Also, the special YamatoCrew.jp (medic) version of Yuki was too good to pass up, so I splurged on that one too (ordered second-hand). If you're not a member of My Figure Collection already, I recommend that you check the site out, as it has lots of information and photos of released and upcoming figures.
    parttimewarrior
    Cadet

• I just ordered Yuki. I'm going to get ALL of them. Well, all of them except that General's daughter. I have no idea why they chose to make a figure out of here. She's hardly in the show at all. Unless she turns up more in Vol. 7. Anyway, looking forward to rest!
    JohnStanowski

• Yep, rather than Hilde, I would have rather them made Mizera Celestera (Dessler's advisor, the witch girl). But on the good side, they made the one figure that not many people want the only store exclusive figure.

I do wonder why the figures of Harada Makoto and Niimi Kaoru are being made by Megahouse and Alter working together (and not just Megahouse by themselves). Not that it's a bad thing, as Alter is probably the best figure maker in terms of quality, although a bit slow.

Now, next up (hopefully at the end of this month), Misaki Yuria! And let's hope for a Yurisha figure soon!
    parttimewarrior
    Cadet

• One thing I thought that was funny about the Akira figure was the extra piece of "Antenna Hair" that came with it.
    Series5Ranger
    Crewperson 2nd Class

• parttimewarrior wrote:Now, next up (hopefully at the end of this month), Misaki Yuria! And let's hope for a Yurisha figure soon!

I'll be getting Misaki, though I'm not very happy with the wacky, girly pose. Kind of looks ridiculous but I'm hoping it's better in person. I'm also worried about how the heck she's going to fit onto the base. The pegs for Yuki and Yamamoto aren't that long and don't go very deep into the bottoms of the feet. I hope these things are still standing years from now. I'm not used to PVC statues so I don't know.

Can't wait for Captain Okita! It's gonna be big. I think it's like a "head" taller than the two that are out now.
    JohnStanowski

• Series5Ranger wrote:One thing I thought that was funny about the Akira figure was the extra piece of "Antenna Hair" that came with it.

It's probably a good thing they included that. If she ever takes a tumble it could be knocked off and lost. I've had several Eva Unit 01 figures (from Neon Genesis Evangelion) and I almost lost his "head spike" thing plenty of times.
    JohnStanowski

• parttimewarrior wrote:I'm really looking forward to the Melda Dietz figure coming out (probably sometime in mid-2014).

Seconded. Melda was my favourite of the new 2199 characters, and was happy when the November issue of Hobby Japan had a shadowed image of a figure that was clearly her as being a forthcoming design. She will go well with the Yuki and Akira I already have.
    Dan George
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Read Up from Down Under, my Yamatour 2013 Travelogue.
    DanGeorge

• What kind of pose is Melda in? Something standard, I hope.
    JohnStanowski

• See my post on the FB page from Tuesday. Prototype pictured there.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Next

Return to Quartermaster's

Information