Yamato 2520 Questions

Place for miscellaneous discussions. This includes off-topic items, crossovers with other series, and discussions of other Leiji Matsumoto and Yoshinobu Nishizaki productions such as Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, Blue Noah, and Yamato 2520.
Fri May 23, 2014 2:52 pm

• I've wanted to see Yamato 2520 and I haven't seen a blu-ray or dvd of it out. Is it even available anymore? Does anyone currently have the rights? Also are there any good sites out there for the series, I know there's one out there that has a online roman album that I've seen.

Thanks for any info you all can provide.
    Primex
    Cadet

Fri May 23, 2014 8:53 pm

• At this point, the best way to watch 2520 is to watch it online. It's available in very high quality here:

www.kissanime.com

Type in '2520' in the search line. Only the three production episodes are available there, the intro episode #0 is not available on the site. They are subtitled.

I've been looking for information on some of the mecha from the series myself, but nothing is really available, or it's nebulous at best. There was never any kind of serious attempt to promote the series outside of the production company's efforts, so no websites, magazine spreads or merchandising efforts to speak of beyond one plastic kit and some music CDs.

Some modelers in Japan have done their own work to get 3D replicas of Yamato 2520 mecha. Here's one:

http://blusterget5.web.fc2.com/i/colorp ... lor0f.html

Here's another:

http://lighthousezen.seesaa.net

They do a lot more than just Yamato, too; their sites are worth a look.

Hope this helps!
    ihphobby
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Fri May 23, 2014 9:05 pm

• TFC owns the rights to Yamato 2520 as well as the rest of the franchise. Voyager is their licensor in the USA. From what I hear from some folks in Japan, there has been no plan to reissue 2520 in any current home video format, either in or out of Japan. Both are very vigilant about licensing and protecting the rights to it, as some of us know.

By the way, the kissanime.com link was not working when I checked it, I hope the licensing issue hasn't caught up with them all of a sudden.

If you can't watch it there, your only other hope is to find someone with copies of the VHS or LD episodes and get copies from them.

A shame, as I am one of those who thought 2520 deserved better than to be forgotten.
    ihphobby
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Fri May 23, 2014 10:07 pm

• Cool ihphobby, I appreciate the assistance.
    Primex
    Cadet

Return to Mess Hall

Information