2199 On Blu-Ray

Place to discuss merchandise, including Audiovisual media, toys/models, and publications.
Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:53 am

• I wish to purchase 2199 on legit Blu-Ray. What is the best method by which I might accomplish this? I realize the discs are available at Amazon.jp, but I am leery about ordering from them due to distance, cost, and language issues. Is there a domestic (USA) source for the Japanese Blu-rays -- the ones with English subtitles?
    BruceLewis
    Crewperson 2nd Class

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 am

• They can be purchased on the local Amazon.com under either Space Battleship Yamato 2199 or Star Blazers 2199. Both have English subtitles. The Star Blazers 2199 version is cheaper, though only two or maybe three of the chapters are out so far this year. The others will be out by December.

The Space Battleship Yamato 2199 on Blu-ray is out in its entirety on Amazon.com, each for around $86. The Star Blazers 2199 discs are almost half that price and also available a little cheaper on DVD.

Do not get Space Battleship Yamato 2199 on DVD as that version does not have subtitles.

Note:

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is out in Seven Chapters. First one of 2 episodes and the remaining six discs with 4 episodes each.

Star Blazers 2199 will have Six Chapters. The first five with 4 episodes each and the last disc with 6 episodes on it.
    Ithekro
    Crewperson 1st Class

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:21 am

• You can get Star Blazers 2199 volumes 1 & 2 from starblazers.com, and volume 3 will be out soon. They're about $40 a disc. They have basically the same English subs as the Japanese editions, but no extra features.
    Tim Eldred
    Captain

Return to Quartermaster's

Information